Sunday, February 28, 2010

Wired Neatness

Some people’s brains are wired to make them operate in a disorganized fashion. Others prefer neatness. Then, there is me. Since I was young, I have always felt best having my things lined up in a very precise way. You will not find me with a tape measure counting the exact centimeters between each book on the bookshelf but I do enjoy a sense of order. There is a place and function for everything even if that means just an aesthetic happiness. I get an odd satisfaction out of organizing spaces, in fact I have been known to solicit friends as clients and perform a makeover on any said space or work area. Some find this a tedious chore but I function much more happily if the space around me is both neat and makes sense. It is more than safe to say that I inherited this from my father. This is a man who as a young child, could tell if one of his brothers had borrowed a writing utensil from his desk simply by judging the ratio of desk to pencil space. I guess there are times where I fall into similar habits. I cannot fully enjoy the space around me unless it is meticulously structured. I find myself constantly tweaking and rearranging my living area to make things just so. Some are creatures of habit, but I do understand that some people simply do not care about putting the effort into this sort of thing. Friends and strangers alike, if anyone needs assistance in this field please feel free to make contact!

No comments:

Post a Comment