Sunday, February 7, 2010

There's a Game Tonight?

Let’s be honest, I am only interested in the Superbowl if the Ravens are involved. Since they fell out of the running a while back, I temporarily forgot that the Superbowl was this weekend. Sadly, I was reminded of this when I made the foolish decision to venture out to the local grocery store. My first clue should have been the parking lot. This was a casual trip for me as I was simply stocking up on a few items I had neglected to get while at the store earlier this week. For the other ninety-eight percent of the drivers in that parking lot, this was an extreme mission. Heaven forbid that the meatiest and grossest snacks be purchased less than five hours prior to kickoff! While circling the parking lot and beginning to feel like a cutthroat vulture narrowing in on its prey, I decided to tone it down a notch and park over in the Walgreens parking lot. This did involve a longer, more dangerous path through this pavement-made gauntlet but I finally managed to enter the store in one piece. Once I passed a few weathered looking employees and made my way into the produce section I decided it best to map out my plan of attack. Amidst the occasional sports jersey for one of the two teams playing tonight, I realized that this could perhaps be an even worse scene than the pre-snowfall frenzy mentioned a few posts back. There were some people who had assembled lists and seemed to be splitting off various members of their entourage with assigned tasks and items to gather. There were also a few men who had obviously decided they could handle things without the help of a shopping cart and were dangerously trying to juggle cases of beer with frozen wings and various dipping sauces. Thankfully, the items on my list did not seem to overlap with the general consensus of must have purchases and I managed to swing by the olive bar and gather my Smart Balance vegetable spread unscathed. Note to self, next year do not attempt to do any sort of serious shopping hours before the Superbowl. On second thought, maybe avoiding any grocery establishment the day of this sporting event is best. Maybe next year Ravens?

1 comment:

  1. I really thought I would run into the same issue this evening when I was doing my shopping...and then I realized that I was in Trader Joes.

    ReplyDelete