Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Time Warping

For me, it is always the most unexpected of moments when I stumble across an old photo or note from that special time known as 1994. It was a time so unique that the one photo I found tonight made me do multiple YouTube searches of my favorite flannel-clad musical inspirations. To help transport you back to this particular snapshot, I must first explain that brown lip gloss with flavors such as Dr. Pepper and Mr. Pibb were hot to trot and any hairstyle consisting of scrunchies or a clip fell under a category known as THE BOMB. Chucks were the preferred footwear and while a younger generation currently resides in my closet, many wore them like they were going out of style. I’m fairly confident most girls my age had a huge crush on Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano - the persona in this unearthed photograph was certainly channeling Claire Danes. Troll dolls were considered a mere thing of the past and slap bracelets had long since been banned from Middle School. It’s so interesting how one photo or really any song from that year can take me back. Perhaps some Buffalo Tom on the way to work tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment