Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Green For All

It is a simple fact that you do not have to be Irish to enjoy the festivities of St. Patrick’s Day. While some consider this day a free for all involving copious amounts of alcohol and dyed beer, this year I took to wearing green and faking a somewhat sketchy sounding Irish accent. Traveling to the mall tonight after work, I was surprised by how many people were wearing some variation of the shade of the day. I spotted a few red haired children with kelly green shamrock earrings and headbands proudly proclaiming their heritage and a few grumpy old men in the food court wearing “Kiss Me I’m Irish” shirts. Not sure that whole approach was working for them, but then again that could have explained the sour facial expressions. During work, I received a few festive email chains and even a mass text to my cell phone revealing a leprechaun popping out of a pot of gold and showcasing a shamrock tattoo on an area usually covered by clothing. There seems to always be some sort of mischief involved with this day but hey, it’s a fun way to spice up a Wednesday. So cheers to all of you enjoying a nice Guinness or Murphy’s Irish Stout, I look forward to seeing another sea of green this time next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment