Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Madness

In March, sports fanatics and casual viewers alike sense a dramatic change in the enthusiasm surrounding college sports. Specifically, I am speaking of basketball which causes the college t-shirts to be resurrected from storage in time for the NCAA tournament. Being a novice to the world of sports brackets in general, I went in based purely on the numbers and without warning I was hooked. To the point where I would find myself searching the web on my phone for the latest scores and upsets. It is during this month that you can tell by the mood immediately after a big game who just lost a friendly wager and who was putting money on the line. Players’ names are used in casual conversations like we are all personally involved in the lives and actions of these athletes. Addicting, you bet. The squeaks of shoes on the court and whistles become background noise echoed by loud cheers or groans of disapproval. Without following the games of the season, it is quick to discover which teams have hotheaded coaches heading for their next technical foul or coronary emergency. While it can be bit overwhelming at times, I have thoroughly enjoyed the games so far- bring on the madness!

No comments:

Post a Comment