Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Almost Pampered Chef

Let it be known that I give the utmost praise to the individual behind the concept of product parties because tonight not only marked my first encounter with The Pampered Chef, but it awoke my desire to become a cooking enthusiast. Apparently with the mention of food choppers, bamboo serving bowls and non-stick cookware, this evening displaced me into a magical alternate universe of entertaining. Forget the bags of chips and the half eaten jar of salsa - with the gorgeous catalog of Pampered Chef merchandise, I found myself flooded with visions of hosting parties where the appetizers were pastry based and there were special plates and utensils for each specific menu item. Is this a hidden love for domestication manifesting itself in the form of a credit card purchase for an egg slicer and a jar of asian spices? Perhaps my home cooking just needs a bit of a kick and this is the exact way to make the packed lunches and self prepared dinners a bit more manageable and exciting. Whatever prompted this sudden shift was definitely sparked by the pages of this previously mentioned - and very delightful - product magazine. I mean the concept really is flawless. With the gathering of friends in a safe and comfortable location, everyone is free to eat, drink and SPEND. It is almost as if in some cases, the purchases of others prompt you to keep adding items to your own list. Not to fear, no financial damage was done this evening but I have planted the seed for future spending. In the meantime, look for precisely chopped vegetables and meals whipped up in hopefully next to no time at all. Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment